Well after a few days preparation i have finally printed my first length! It has worked really well, I used illuminated discharge to print it with, so i was really scared to steam it and wash it incase the colours disappeared, but luckily they didnt!! As it is a length for furnishing fabric, i decided to hang it at a window to see what it looked like, luckily we were redecorating the living room so i get a better idea of what it would look like in a home.
Sunday, 24 April 2011
Well im on to my second last paint out. For this one i really wanted to try something different, so i went to a bit of digital design, which i tend to avoid like the plague (im not the best on computers) and the collage my design on the top using watercolours and pencil drawings, i also lamintated some of my roses to give the effect of what could be a clear gloss foil on fabric. I intend to add swarovski crystals into the centre of the roses but these are still on order.
Well i have finally finnised my Professional Practice Portfolio, i am really pleased with how it has turned out and all my hard work has finally paid off! I tried to make it fit in with the theme of my FMP, so i wanted it to look quite vintage, i have hand printed all of my folders and inside is a combination of hand made stationary and professional documents.
Tuesday, 19 April 2011
Well here is another one of my finnished designs, ready to be printed onto fabric, i am not looking forward to doing koda traces for all of these! I am pleased with this one, i like how it is a contrast to my other designs but still works with them as part of a collection.